CHTJ Desk, Bandarban: Five tin-roofed houses and four store room of shops were gutted by a fire in town area of Bandarban Sadar upazilla on Wednesday noon.
Fire service sources said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a store room of a shop in bazar area and soon engulfed the adjoining shops.
Army personnel and Fire fighters doused the blaze after one and half hours of frantic effort.
The house and shop owners estimated the damage at around Tk 20 lakh.
Jamal Hossain along with others of the area said the figure of the damage have been increased due to finish of supplying water of the fire service within forty minutes.---cht-desk/report).